Bird ate out of my hand today!

Where folks can talk about quiltmaking, candlecasting, embroidery, needlepoint, metal detecting, card collecting, etc
A J
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Bird ate out of my hand today!

Post by A J »

First time ever!

I've been feeding birds all Winter. The last bucket of feed went out today. Before I poured it out, I noticed a lone chickadee watching me from only 3' away. I put a few seeds in my hand extended it out and the bird landed on my hand, grabbed a seed and flew off.
nalioth
Site Admin

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Re: Bird ate out of my hand today!

Post by nalioth »

Be careful you don't become a Disney princess, OP :D
A J
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Post by A J »

nalioth wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:39 pm Be careful you don't become a Disney princess, OP :D
My Wife would never allow me to become a princess. Every household can only support one princess, and she's it. Second in line is our 70 pound Airedale terrier, Molly. Both of these females exhibit all the princess traits and are not to be crossed, mocked, ridiculed or belittled!

I know my place.... Out in the back yard feeding birds. :|
chillypepper
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Post by chillypepper »

Not the same.

Right after I got out, moved to Colorado. Doing laundry and hanging stuff on the line. Some random little tweety bird landed on the brim of my hat.

I could figure, so I stood still and let it sit there. Buddy of mine got a pic. I never got a copy of it.