Very sad. Wife misses her horses.

If you can't find a more appropriate place to post, here is the great catchall
A J
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Very sad. Wife misses her horses.

Post by A J »

About 4 years ago my wife was seriously injured in an accident with one of our horses. Long story, but I had to put both of our horses down and it changed our lives. She hasn't been near a horse since. That changed today.

An Amish guy we know was having problems with his horse. She checked it out, was able to easily diagnose every issue and offer treatment advice. After just a short time with this horse it was loving all over her.

She got home tonight. I had just returned from band practice. Her hands were filthy from stroking the horse. I was doing the dishes and offered her to quick wash up. She said "no" she'd rather have horse scent on her just a little longer.

I told her she could visit the Amish whenever she wanted.
nalioth
Site Admin

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Re: Very sad. Wife misses her horses.

Post by nalioth »

Horses are a blessing.
A J
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Post by A J »

nalioth wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:20 am Horses are a blessing.
Yep. Horses are far better than most people.

After 8 months of retirement I learned something about myself. I really don't like dealing with people; only the ones I choose to be around.
MI redneck
Ensign
Ensign

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Post by MI redneck »

nalioth wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:20 am Horses are a blessing.
Indeed. Horses and dogs. Half the time mines acts like he is a dog.
Last edited by MI redneck on Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
chillypepper
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Post by chillypepper »

I'm still afraid of horses. I try to get comfortable with them. I'm still scared of them.
A J
Ensign
Ensign

Tempus fugit

Post by A J »

chillypepper wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:53 pm I'm still afraid of horses. I try to get comfortable with them. I'm still scared of them.
They will never hurt you on purpose; only by accident. Sometimes they don't realize how big and strong they are.

- I was goofing off in Texas running alongside a horse. Mid 1990's. I tripped, and fell UNDER the horse. This mare knew what had happened and did some sort of crazy jump to avoid crushing me. A spider monkey would have been jealous.
bill3542
Ensign
Ensign

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Post by bill3542 »

I grew up on a small farm and we only had a Shetland pony for my younger sister, he was a mean nasty little bastard that liked to bite other people than her.

My opinion is you can keep them, I don't want nothing to do with them.
norbert
Ensign
Ensign

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Post by norbert »

seems like some users responding are pretty nasty themselves. I reckon losing a dog is no fun, a horse would likely be missed as well. sorry to hear about you losing your horses
But Its A Dry Heat
Ensign
Ensign

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Post by But Its A Dry Heat »

My dad before he died 10plus years ago worked and trained horses for friends and what not as his main source of income. At his funeral everyone who knew him there said he loved horses and seemed at home with. He sounded like a changed man at times. He said a lot of it changed when he started looking at things from the horses point of view. Neither my brother or I share his love for them.
Glashaus
Ensign
Ensign

Plank owner

Tempus fugit

Post by Glashaus »

Glad she has a new horse friend. I grew up on a farm but we had black angus cattle and Honda four wheeler’s, tractors and 4x4’s. I have been around friends horses, like dogs, some can be very special.